Setup AutoFill to automatically enter logins from your iOS device to a web browser (like Safari) or other app.
- On the iOS home screen, tap the Settings app.
- From the Settings menu, tap Passwords.
- Tap AutoFill Passwords.
- Tap the AutoFill Passwords toggle. Green indicates that AutoFill is active.
- From the Allow Filling From list, select Bitwarden. A check-mark indicates that Bitwarden is selected.
When you create new logins, make sure you enter a website in the URI field to surface them for AutoFill. Launch from mobile apps
You can launch a website directly from Bitwarden by selecting the Launch
button in any vault item with a valid URI (See the attached image above)Unlock with biometrics
Unlocking Bitwarden with biometrics allows for seamless access to your vault. If you haven't setup Touch ID or Face ID on your iOS device, you'll need to do that first from the iOS Settings
- In your Bitwarden iOS app, tap the Settings tab located at the bottom of your screen.
- Depending on what your device has available, tap:
- Unlock with Touch ID
- Unlock with Face ID
- You will be asked to verify with your fingerprint or face depending on your selection. A green Enabled label will indicate that an option is active.
Once enabled, you will be able to open Bitwarden or AutoFill logins using just your biometric method of choice. Login using AutoFill
Once you've setup Auto-fill
, logging into an app or website using Bitwarden is simple.
- Tap the email/username or password input box in the app or website.
- Above your keyboard, tap Passwords.
- You will be prompted for your Face ID or Touch ID. If you aren't using biometrics, enter your master password.
- If you have connected a login to this website or app using the URI field, that login will appear in this window. If you haven't, tap Search to find it.
Tap the login to automatically enter your email/username and password into the boxes, and sign in.